The “Research Center for Industrial Metal Processing“ (ReCIMP) at the IUL at TU Dortmund University is supported by the international automotive parts manufacturer Faurecia. It aims at advancing and deepening of scientific knowledge on innovative metal production processes, process chains and hybrid processes, the analysis of new scientific trends in metal processing, and networking with leading research institutes and companies. To reach these objectives, the ReCIMP is set up as a central organizational entity which can benefit from the competences of all departments of the IUL. This structure works in close cooperation with Faurecia, especially with the divisions Automotive Seating and Clean Mobility. The practice-oriented topics can be assigned to the following six focus areas:
- Extension of the deformation limits
- Characterization of high-strength steel grades
- Flexible and alternative production methods
- Resource-efficient production
- Lightweight structures
- Processing of semi-finished tubes
Search & People Search
CalendarTo event list
Location & approach
From highway “A1”
At intersection “Dortmund/Unna” change to highway “A44” in the direction of Dortmund, which becomes the B1. Take the exit “Dortmund-Dorstfeld”, in the direction of “Universität”. Turn right onto “Planetenfeldstraße”, after 850 meters turn left onto “Otto-Hahn-Straße”. After 1 km turn right onto “Marie-Curie-Allee”, after 550 meters keep slightly right to stay on “Baroper Straße”.
From highway “A45”
Take the exit “Dortmund-Eichlinghofen”, in the direction of “Universität”. Turn right onto “Stockumer Straße”, after 800 meters turn left onto “Baroper Straße”.
Please use parking lot entrances 40 or 41 for access to the “Maschinenbau III” building or entrance 42 for access to the Experimental Hall.
- Arrival with DB to Dortmund or Bochum central station.
- From Dortmund central station take the interurban train line S1 in the direction of Düsseldorf and get off at the stop “Dortmund Universität S”.
- From Bochum central station with the interurban train line S1 in the direction of Dortmund and get off at the stop “Dortmund Universität S”
- From the interurban stop “Dortmund Universität S”, take the elevated railway (“H-Bahn” stop “Universität S”) to the stop “Campus Süd”.
From Dortmund Airport
Take a cab to the TU Dortmund University, South Campus (“Campus Süd”) or take the AirportExpress in 20 min. to Dortmund central station. From there take the interurban train line S1 line in the direction of Düsseldorf to the stop “Dortmund Universität S” and from there the elevated railway (“H-Bahn”) to “Campus Süd”.
From Düsseldorf Airport
Take the interurban train line S1 in the direction of Dortmund and get off at the stop “Dortmund Universität S”. From here, take the elevated railway (“H-Bahn”) in the direction of “Campus Süd”.
The facilities of TU Dortmund University are spread over two campuses, the larger Campus North and the smaller Campus South. Additionally, some areas of the university are located in the adjacent "Technologiepark".Zum Lageplan